(South East Asia Regional Association for Medical Education)
SEARAME is World Federation for Medical Education’s Regional Association for South East Asia region.
SEARAME is a regional non government organization interested in enhancing the quality of Medical Education by promoting the highest Standards in Medical Education among the member countries of the South-East Asia Region of the World Health Organization (WHO) with which it is in strategic partnership to achieve the above mentioned purpose.
The parent Organization of SEARAME is the World Federation for Medical Education (WFME) with the mission of quality improvement in Medical Education met through the development of standards in medical education, by the promotion of accreditation of medical schools, with the development of databases on medical education, through projects on the future of medicine and medical education, and through other publications and partnerships.
WFME has six Member Associations – each corresponding to the WHO’s six regions that cover the World namely AMEE for European region, AMEEMR for Eastern Mediterranean region, AMEWPR for West Pacific region, AMSA for African region, PAFAMS for the North and South American region and SEARAME for the South-East Asia Region.
Activities of SEARAME include
for sharing of evidence-based Good Practices & Capacity-building of faculty
For details about this conference, click here ——————————————————————————————
2. Conducting National Conferences in 2015 in the S-E Asia Region
Bangladesh: National Conference of AME Bangladesh on November 27-28 2015 Theme: Universal health Coverage (UHC) and need for a transformative scaling up of Health Professions Education (HPE)
India: Seventh National Conference of Health Professions Education (NCHPE 2015) at Delhi
“Quality Assurance and Accreditation in Health Professions Education” Thailand: Ninth National Congress on Medical Education – Thailand july 2015
- SEARAME Journal:Dissemination of evidence-based Good Practices through Journal SEAJME since 2007 It is an International Peer-Reviewed journal that scrupulously follows standard Editorial practices and has a multi-country Editorial Board of eminent Medical Educationists. Soft copies of current issue and Archives of back issues from 2007 are free to access from the Journal Website hosted by the Chulalongkorn University In Bangkok Thailand . The Editorial Office is located in the College of Medicine of the University of Colombo Sri Lanka and the hard copies are printed and distributed through the SEARAME Secretariat Office in PSG Institute of Medical Sciences & Research Coimbatore through generous funding from WHO-SEARO, new Delhi.
- Promoting & supporting Quality in Medical Education through National Associations:
- Bangladesh: Association for Medical Education (AME) Bangladesh
- Myanmar: Medical Education Sub-Committee under Myanmar Academy of Medical Science (MAMS)
- Nepal: Association of Health Professions Educationist of Nepal ( AHPEN )
- India: Indian Academy of Health Professions Education (IAHPE)
- Indonesia: Indonesian Association for Study of Health Professions Education (IASHE / AIDIPROKESI)
- Sri Lanka: Forum of Sri Lankan Medical Educationists (FOSME)
- Thailand: Consortium of Thai Medical Schools (COTMES) Thailand
- Strategic Partnership with WHO and National Health Systems / Accreditation bodies through networking for advocacy and capacity building of trainers to ensure trained Human Resources for Health for facilitating speedy attainment of Universal Health coverage in the S-E Asia region
“Safeguarding Students, Safeguarding Standards of Medical Education” – WFME
“Training for producing Transformative Health Workforce to achieve Universal Health Coverage” – WHO