Links to a number of useful web resources to help improve quality of Medical Education in your Institution
- WFME Trilogy : World Federation for Medical Education's documents for improving the quality of Under Graduate, Post Graduate as well as Continuing Professional Development education.
- NIACE Learning Skills, Quality Improvement : A "Support for Success" Quality Improvement Programme website for the user-friendly guide to improving quality in adult learning
- Faculty Development Resources & links on a large number of Teaching -Learning methods & tools
- Teacher & Educational Development - University of New Mexico: for Teaching tools & Resources
- Teaching & Learning Resources Stanford University
- Program for Faculty Development - McMaster University
- Teaching Guides University of Minnesota
- Basic Sciences Education Recent trends in Basic Sciences Education ,Use of patient simulators, standardized patients, competency in basic science education, EBM in Basic Science Education
- in Teaching Skills :Trends in Basic Sciences Education ,Education Technology Toolkit, Learner Centered Education, Evaluation of student learning, using Internet
- Bibliography : from the University of Toronto
- Faculty Development links - Florida State University
- AAMC Training Resource arising out of the AAMC Project on the Clinical Education of Medical Students , Recommendations for clinical skills curricula for UG Medical students, links to similar resources
- Resident Teachers The Skills development Website of the University of California Irvine
- Residents as Teachers - University of New Mexico
- Resources & Information for Clinical Faculty - Florida State University
- Evaluation of Clinical Teaching ; downloadable form
- Learning Styles Models- Felder: Assessment of Learning Style preferences ; Kolbs Experiential Learning
- Student Learning Center - Uni of Auckland: Resources for Students for learning, writing & research . . . .
- Competencies (ACGME) a series of five PowerPoint presentations with a Facilitator’s Manual, is a new educational resource from the Research and Education Department. The Facilitator’s Manual contains speaker notes and discussion questions to help Program Directors give these presentations during faculty meetings or educational retreats
- Problem Based Learning- Faculty & Student Guide: University of New Mexico
EDUCATION RESEARCH: Resources to help you carry out educational research or show you how others have done it .....
Free Online Survey Software
- SurveyMonkey: to enable anyone to create professional online surveys quickly and easily
- QuestionPro : a web based service for conducting online surveys , ideal for simple projects
- FreeOnlineSurveys.com : Create your own free survey in 10 minutes...
- StatPac Survey : to conduct online surveys, telephone interviewing (CATI), or traditional paper questionnaires.
The WHO Librarary Documents & Publications: Useful WHO documents, Bulletins, TRS, Monographs
WHOLIS : WHO e-library search of WHO Publications .It indexes all WHO publications from 1948 onwards
The SEARO WHO Information Source: resources available from WHO SEARO
WHO & Medical Education: Links to descriptions of activities, reports, news and events & WHO Directory of Medical Schools
- How to read a paper ;
- Statistics at square one ;
- Archives of BMJ on line ;
- Evidence Based learning;
- Articles on Undergraduate Medical Education ;
- Other Articles on Medical Education;
ERIC There are now more than 100,000 documents in ERIC® that can be downloaded for free by anyone, on demand.
The International Handbook of Research in Medical Education: a book in 2 volumes containing review of current research findings and contemporary issues in health sciences education
Free Medical Journals :
- MedIND Biomedical Journals from India ; Qmed: More Indian journals
- NEJM Free access for developing countries
- HighWire Press site of Stanford University
- The Geneva Foundation site ;
- Bioline International site ;
- Free Medical Journals site ;
- The PubMedCentral open list ;
- Rowland Medical Library E-Resources of the University of Mississippi Medical Center
- JAMA Archives ;
SCHOLARSHIP DEVELOPMENT TOOLS
- Reference Style : BMA links to the Vancouver and Harvard styles of referencing articles in journal and book publications.
- Uniform Requirement for Manuscripts submitted to Biomedical Journals: International Committee of Medical Journal Editors site
- WMA International Code Adopted by the 3rd General Assembly of the World Medical Association, London, England, October 1949 covering duties of Physicians in general, thse towards patients and colleagues etc.
- WMA Ethics Manual it helps prepare medical students and physicians to better navigate through the many ethical challenges we face in our daily practice
- Helsinki Declaration Ethical Principles for Medical Research Involving Human Subjects
- Journal of Medical Ethics From the BMJ stable , this journal seeks to promote ethical reflection and conduct in scientific research and medical practice
MEDICAL EDUCATION JOURNALS Links to Medical Educations that are freely available on-line and those that require a subscription.
EDUCATION TOOLS Links that are a wealth of resources to tools used in improving student learning:
- AAMC MedEdPORTAL is a resource designed to help faculty publish and share educational resources. It is designed to promote collaboration and educational scholarship by facilitating the open exchange of peer-reviewed teaching resources such as tutorials, virtual patients, cases, lab manuals, assessment instruments, faculty development materials, etc
- Bloom's Taxonomy useful for understanding and framing learning objectives & planning student assessment
- Writing Learning Objectives
- PBL Tutorial Cases Workbook for constructing - UNM downloadable Pdf Doc; Tutorial Support links
- The Encyclopedia of Educational Technology (San DiegoState Uni) : a collection of short multimedia articles on a variety of topics related to the fields of instructional design and education and training. The primary audiences for the EET are students and novice to intermediate practitioners in these fields, who need a brief overview as a starting point to further research on specific topics